Tuesday, September 15, 2009

this is the place.

Alot of people ask me why I chose to come to BYU. When I get direct questions like that I never know how to answer... Do I joke about how it's all about football? Do I tell them the truth and tell them it was a completely random decision? I usually just say "Oh, cause they have really good programs."

Right now I can tell you I KNOW why I am here.
This is a special place.

Guess who spoke to us at Devotional today?



Yeah, I got to sit there, with the rest of the student body, and listen to our Prophet speak directly to us. And I can tell you without a doubt that he loves us.

I only got one picture of the Mariott on my phone because I didn't have a real camera, but look at how many people were there. It was packed.



Now tell me THAT isn't a legit reason for me to be here.

2 comments:

  1. President Monson spoke at Kristen's graduation. The security was downright crazy. (She went to SUU). Lucky you for being able to go to hear him speak.

    He didn't give a religious speech (cuz it's not a church school); but there were people freaking out and protesting...blahblah.

    Amy Jo, I tried to tell you this on facebook but they blocked me; I am being persecuted now!!! Here's what I was trying to tell you:

    Kevin said to check on Roberts.com or Provocraft.com and see if there are job listings there...he's going to ask around too.

    Gosh, good thing they blocked me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky and amazing!!! Sooo glad you were able to listen to our Prophet, awesome!! Hope your day is good today!:-) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete