Wednesday, January 28, 2009

just a little something.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to manifest the glory of God within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
-Nelson Mandela

I just read this quote on Cori's blog. I've heard it, several times I'm sure, before. But as I sit here at my little desk in my little apartment feeling like a little nothing in this big world, it hits me like it never has before. Lately I have been feeling a bit less than spectacular. I feel like no matter where I turn there will always be someone that is smarter, prettier, or better than me. And you know what, there probably will be. HOWEVER, none of those people could be me. Amy Jo. None of them could have the same little quirks that make me who I am. I'm not sure what it is but at this moment I just want to shout it: I AM AMY JO AND I LIKE WHO I AM, I LOVE MY IMPERFECTIONS! I know I'm not perfect but maybe that's what I love the most. There is something for me to do in this world, a job that only I can do. I'm ready for it.




1 comment:

  1. You are such a cutie! I love your hair, it's such a shame that we live so far apart, you need to come for dinner!

    ReplyDelete