Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I am warning you right now, this post will be long, and there will be lots of pictures involved and if you're anything like me and you HAVE to read the whole post I apologize.

Right, now that I have warned you I shall begin sharing all the details of my wodnerful LOOONG weekend. (think like 5 day weekend). It started out with a wonderful Thursday, I went to Kylee and got my hair colored. I was looking for something a bit more "spring" so she gave me all over highlights with my pink strip chnging to PURPLE. I absolutely love it! If you need color done, Ky is the person to see! She amazes me. After my hair appointment I met up with Lindsay, one of my best friends, and we headed over to the classic Civic Auditorium (if you didn't sense the sarcasm there, I am pointing it out now. I hate the Civic.) Now I am going to share a little secret with you... if I were to make a list of my favorite things to do, going to concerts would be right up there with breathing and sleeping. No joke. I absolutely adore going to concerts. Anyways, so yes, this trip was all about a concert. Jack's Mannequin to be specific. Jack's Mannequin is AMAZING.

Linds and I waiting in the rain! Ugh... only for a concert...

This is Thriving Ivory, the band that is touring with Jack's Mannequin (hereby referred to as JM) they were GREAT. I had heard them before but I wasn't too crazy about them but wow, when a band can win you over at a live performance... that is impressive.
AHHHHH. Meet Andy. lead singer for JM. He's absolutely 100% amazing. Pure talent. He makes me melt like a popsicle on the 4th of July.

(my apologies for the grainy photos.)




OK, Ashley is oozing with talent. It drives me nuts because I wish I could be more like her but I don't mind the perks of having such an amazing friend at times like this... YEAH, SHE MADE THIS PURSE JUST FOR ME.

This is my favorite detail of the purse, the lace on the inside pocket. It's very "me".

Ben and Jenny and I got to have a night to just hang out while Dad and Lis were celebrating their anniversary. It was great, we even had a "4 Dollar Night" where we went to the grocery store and we each got 4 dollars to spend on any dinner we want. Ben is the funniest boy to shop with, everything he saw he would grab and be like "How much would I have left if I bought THIS!?"

Saturday I took Z to McDonalds and that little goober, when he opened his cheesburger he looked down and in the cutest nine year old sarcastic voice I've ever heard he goes, "Well, THATS not a totally squished cheeseburger." What a little dork!

Saturday night I spent with A-Dub (also known as Ashley) and it was way fun. I love that girl.


our friendly form of graffiti


3 comments:

  1. LOVE that purse. and your hair looks sooo cute! How is the purple treating you? talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah dude this post kicks AAAAAAAAACCCEEEE! so i miss your face homegirl, get your finals done and come home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh to be young!

    Jessie is adding a turquoise streak to hair even as we speak. And talked a boy into letting her color his hair too!

    ReplyDelete