Sunday, July 6, 2008

letters from the mtc...


so i can't sleep. and now with the convienence of this nifty laptop i got for graduation i can freely spend my sleepless nights sharing my random thoughts. life has just been crazy lately and so when i DO slow down and let my mind wander it always ends up in strange obscure places. today i got a letter from elder sparks. an exboyfriend of mine that left for his mission about a month ago. he's headed to heramasillo mexico but from the sounds of it, he'll be in the MTC for a while since visas to mexico for missionaries are getting tough to come by. whenever i get a letter from him it flat out makes me smile. well, more like grin. just because he is turning into one heck of an amazing missionary. he always has great scriptures to send me and stories of simple things building his testimony. he's been one of my heroes for a while... he's always been such a genuinely SWEET guy...but i keep gaining more and more respect for him. missionaries never cease to amaze me but i know stephen is going to be one of those special ones. and he completely deserves that. the scripture he sent me this week is doctorine & covenants 88:77-80 so i'll share it with you. now i should probably go get some shut eye since church is in about 7 and a half hours. good night. c:

1 comment:

  1. amy jo, you are so cute! I'm so glad you started a blog girly! You better come and hang out with me all the time when you live down here.

    ReplyDelete