Thursday, March 5, 2009

tonight i saw eternity.


Tonight I had the opportunity to go to the Draper Utah Temple open house. I am still just sifting through all these amazing feelings I had as I walked through such a sacred place... I can tell you without a doubt that I know temples are absolutely essential to our eternal progression. As I walked through the halls I felt like I was home in a very literal way. I remember looking on the walls and I passed a framed copy of "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" hanging and it just hit me... family is what it is all about. Not just my family that I am a part of right now but the one that I will someday create with my husband. As I walked into the sealing room I couldn't help but try to envision what my day will be like, when I get to kneel across that alter and hold hands with the man I choose to be with for eternity or to stand side-by-side and look into that never-ending line of mirrors with him. The thought makes me down right giddy. I came out of that temple tonight with a renewed dedication to the goal I have always carried with me. I will make it there, I will be taught and I will make sacred covenants with my husband and Father in Heaven. Now I just have to wait for that perfect guy. Oh man...

oh yeah, and when i DO find that certain someone, does anyone know how i can get my hands on some of that african cherry wood? oh snap, the woodwork was PERFECT. and we can probably safely assume that i notice that because i've grown up with the father that i have. =)

1 comment:

  1. You are too stinkin' cute! Glad it was awesome! Love you!

    ReplyDelete