Sunday, March 29, 2009

holy holi

ahh! Today was SO. COOL. It was Holi, which is a Hindu festival of colors. There is a Hindu temple in Spanish Fork... Amanda is seriously crazy about Indian culture so we had to go and see what this was all about. It turned out to be pretty darn fun and surprisingly popular for being in Utah.

Fresh and Clean...

The Hindu Temple in Spanish Fork
Yeah, I got hit with a little green. The color is just corn starch.

It was kind of a HUGE deal. In that middle pavilion there was a band playing and this is about half the crowd. People were even crowd surfing!

Me and Britt

All the girls! Brittnee, Amanda, Jamie, Me, and Nancy

This view reminds me of Aladin, ya know when the tower breaks off and he's in the snow!?

Goofing off. I'm surprised my tongue wasn't green, too.

It felt like I had sand in my hair because the powder was so thick on my scalp. Sickkk. You should have seen my shower water after...

By the temple! Amanda of course is in an Indian pose!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Wish mom and I could have been there. And thanks for talking to me last night when I needed ya!! I Love you.

    p.s. I still am sooooo sick!! And the claritin d or whatever I bought does NOT work for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and interesting!!! I need to be young...er again!

    Love ya! When you coming to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you follow me now! Awesome. I'm gonna follow you too. I was already sort of a stalker...

    (this is tracy's aunt mary, in case you are creeped out right now!)

    Jess and Jake were there...I'm beginning to wonder who wasn't. :-)

    ReplyDelete